Message 1: Never Give Up
- Failure is normal and part of the learning process.
- Your biggest challenges and failures can turn into your biggest victories.
- Anything is possible with a "Never Give Up" attitude.
- Can you think of a time when you overcame a difficult challenge?
- How did you feel when you finally succeeded? Was it worth it?
- How can you learn from your mistakes to get better at something?
Message 2: Bullying / Kindness
- A bystander is someone who watches and does not help.
- Bystanders are the ones with the real power in a bullying situation.
- A bystander can transform into a hero by speaking up and taking action.
- Words are like money: They can make someone feel more valuable or less valuable.
- Bullying is NOT when someone calls you a name one time. Bullying is when someone hurts you on purpose over and over again.
- When we call someone a name and say "Just Joking" or "Just Kidding" it is still just as hurtful.
- Choose words that are kind.
- You can be a hero by doing something small, simple and kind.
- In Matt's story how did the bystanders make things worse?
- Why do you think many students are bystanders? Is it because they don't want to help, they are afraid to help, or simply because they don't know what to do?
- If you stood up for a fellow student getting bullied, but you knew other kids would make fun of you, would you still do it?
- What can you do to be somebody's Batman?
Message 3: Resilience
- There is no such thing as an "Overnight Success."
- If you want to get good at something you have to work hard. Hard work pays off.
- We all have some kind of talent, something that makes us standout, something that makes us different.
- We are all different, so be proud of who you are. Be resilient.
- What goals and dreams do you have?
- What will you do to achieve your goals and make your dreams come true?
- When something doesn't go your way, what is something you can do to bounce back and be resilient?